Connect for Change – Shaping global educational partnerships and projects for change
28. – 30. October 2019
Internationales Haus Sonnenberg, Clausthaler Str. 11, 37444 St. Andreasberg
What role do global educational partnerships and projects play for change in the sense of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? On this and other questions, the participants worked together during the “Connect for Change” conference. We took a close look at challenges and conditions for success, discussed our practices as well as motivated and inspired us each other to develop our work further.
Around 120 students, teachers, representatives from civil society organisations and other activists from Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America involved in international educational partnerships and projects participated in the conference. It was a great exchange!
Photo by Herbert Dohlen, Gespa
- How can global educational partnerships and projects contribute to the further development of your own educational work in schools and/or civil society?
- What attitudes and images are communicated in our educational work and how can we avoid stereotypes?
- What role do (post)colonialism, power structures, racism and gender issues play and how can we work constructively on these topics?
- How can participative project planning succeed and how can we take decisions together?
- How can we find a common theme for work on an equal footing?
- How can good cooperation and communication also succeed across continents?
- How can we ensure equal participation of teachers / multipliers and learners?